Blackboard Mobile Learn (Beta)
Now, much of the core content that your instructors post to your Blackboard Learn courses will automatically be available for you to view from your mobile devices on the new Blackboard Mobile Learn application. You will also receive automatic, personalized course notifications delivered straight to your mobile devices whenever instructors post course content, announcements, graded items, tests, and many other course activities.
Because this is a beta release, students and instructors should expect that some features may not look or work the same on all devices and there may be intermittent performance issues.
Faculty: Visit the Blackboard Help for Faculty site for additional information about using Blackboard Mobile Learn (Beta) in your classes.
- Getting Started
- About Blackboard Mobile Learn (Beta)
- Feature Guide by Device
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Search for Blackboard Mobile Learn in your device’s application store or click the appropriate hyperlink below:
- Once Blackboard Mobile Learn is installed, search for and select either USC or <University of Southern California using the search bar that automatically appears when you open the app (see image below).
- Log in using the same username and password you normally use to access Blackboard (see image below).
|Step 2: Search for and Select USC or University of Southern California||Step 3: Log in|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a cost associated with the Blackboard Mobile Learn application?
A: No. USC licenses Blackboard Mobile Learn for all faculty, staff, and students. There is no charge to the users.
Q: What is the difference between USC – University of Southern California and USC Distance Education Network?
A: Clicking USC – University of Southern California lets you access USC’s main Blackboard server at blackboard.usc.edu using your USC username and password. Click this if you are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course at USC. Clicking USC Distance Education Network takes you to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s Office of Graduate and Professional Programs distance learning portal at www.uscden.net. You should only click this if you are enrolled in an engineering online masters or certificate program and have also created a DEN profile.
Q: Where can I get more information about using Blackboard Mobile Learn on my mobile device?
A: There are three ways to get more information about Blackboard Mobile Learn:
- Browse or search the Blackboard Mobile Learn help site at http://help.blackboardmobile.com/.
- Download and read one a one-page frequently asked questions PDF for your device:
- Contact USC Blackboard Support at (213) 740-5555 and choose option 3