Updating Student Personal Information in Blackboard
Your Blackboard name is identical to your legal name as it appears on your official University transcript. To update or change your legal name or Social Security number, please
- Download and complete the University’s Request for change/correction of name and/or request for change/correction of SSN
- Submit the completed form, along with documentation of your correct or changed legal name—e.g., a court order, valid driver’s license, certificate of naturalization, certificate of marriage, some other form of positive identification [see http://www.usc.edu/dept/ARR/glossary/n.html]—to the Office of Academic Records and Registrar, JHH 106.
To update or change your local, permanent, or foreign postal address(es) and telephone numbers(s), please
- Login to Oasis
- Select the “Change of Address” hyperlink in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the appropriate update button and the select the Submit button.
- Enter your new information and then select the Submit button.
- Review the updated information and then, if the new information is correct, select the Update button.
Blackboard sends all course email messages to your usc.edu email account by default, but instructions are available to show you how to automatically forward all of your incoming email messages from your USC email account to another email account at http://www.usc.edu/its/email/help/forwarding.html